1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Urgent: Please, I need help restoring my evo 4g...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmstrat, Aug 20, 2012.

1. jmstrat

jmstrat Well-Known Member

I was about to install the midnight rom from ext 4 recovery. I'm fairly new to this but I don't know why but I went ahead and pretty much erased everything via the ext 4 menu right before you install any new rom. Basically I didn't realize what an idiotic mistake that was. Right now I am just trying to restore from an earlier backup. I can get to the bootloader and when trying to restore it directs me to ext 4 which Is ok but while there it's not finding the backup I made like last month before I did anything, I copied it from my laptop it's in a folder called TWRP and it's like 700mb. Now I could really use the backup.. Any help is really appreciated and please suggest me anything as its urgent I get back into my phone actually... I screwed up but I know it's nothing too serious, It's just a noob mistake which I really want to overcome.. The farthest the phone gets is to the htc screen and it just stays there. Thanks in advance...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. startak11

startak11 Member

Disregard my response. Thanks.

3. ZAXIS

ZAXIS Android Enthusiast

The back ups made with 4ext are in a cwm folder that should be on your sd card, find it there or wipe data , dalvik , and cache and go ahead and install midnight Rom

Edit: if you accidentally wiped your sd card download the Rom again connect your phone to computer, transfer the Rom and flash it

jmstrat likes this.
  4. jmstrat

jmstrat Well-Known Member

I tried doing that and got an error...I dont know why but I once basically copied my entire sd card contents and left it on my computer, well I just pasted that on to the sd card and I went ahead and installed the midnight rom and I think it's working... It's now beyond the htc image and now it's on the midnight rom splash screen ..... Wait... I'm in!!! That was a strange way to fix it but I guess that did It, I'm going to do another backup now using ext 4. Thank you for helping me out...

5. ZAXIS

ZAXIS Android Enthusiast

No prob glad you got it