1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Urgent: Stuck

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kkrind72, Apr 9, 2011.

1. kkrind72

kkrind72 Lurker
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    I was trying to update my droid to a gingerbread from steeldroid section of ROM manager. I was using BB Gingerbread rom before doing this. Everything went fine, but it's stuck on the motorola logo. I know that you can get into recovery mode by pressing down power button and x, but I can't do this because my power button is broken. Is there any way to revert it back to the way it was? or is there maybe a way to get it into recovery mode another way?

Note: I have read other threads of people with similar problems. The difference between them and me is that they were able to get into recovery mode to reflash while I AM NOT able to do so. This is because my power button is completely useless on the phone...someone please tell me it's not totally bricked.
    Thanks to anyone that can offer help!

Advertisement

2. skilaufen

skilaufen Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 24, 2010
    Something
    Somewhere
    Welcome to the forums,

Let's try this and see if we can help you. Pull your battery to turn your phone off, then plug your phone in to charge it (this will cause your phone to turn on), make sure you are holding down the "X" key when you plug it in so it will take you into recovery, and now you should be able to reflash your back up or another working ROM.

Let us know how it goes.