• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Urgently Needed Reliable Apk's

wmybhs

Lurker
Aug 16, 2013
UK
Hello,

For the past few days I've been looking for reliable (and working) navigation apk's since I rooted my S4. However, all I've been able to find so far were petty things that either desired to give my phone viruses or steal my data. I've tried various tomtom's, sygic's and even navigon yet the apk's I found ended up being a disappointment.

I was wondering if anybody who has managed to successfully download and install a cracked gps onto their android would be willing to share how they did it?

All help much appreciated,
wmybhs :p

Welcome wmybhs!
As far as GPS apps are concerned, I would rely on app from the PlayStore for no worries about viruses etc. Let's leave any talk of cracked apps out of the discussion. We don't condone that sort of thing k? ;)

How about Telenav or something like that? That are alot to choose from. Or even Google maps is the one I use:)

Upvote 0
Can i be slightly less diplomatic and say that (aside from messing up your expensive phone) using cracked premium apps is taking money out of the pocket of someone who has slaved in front of a computer doing things ill never be clever enough to even attempt to do and all they ask for their work is a few quid!! Dont let your conscience be fooled into thinking "it isnt really stealing". It is and youre stealing it from a real live person! You dont need us to tell you how to install a cracked apk but please think twice, buy the CLEAN version of the app and support future development. Share the love and keep android a community instead of just a business. Lecture over lol :beer:

One last thing lol. You couldnt have rooted your s4 without the tireless work of some genius devs and you got that for free so give something back to the community

Upvote 0
Hello,

For the past few days I've been looking for reliable (and working) navigation apk's since I rooted my S4. However, all I've been able to find so far were petty things that either desired to give my phone viruses or steal my data. I've tried various tomtom's, sygic's and even navigon yet the apk's I found ended up being a disappointment.

I was wondering if anybody who has managed to successfully download and install a cracked gps onto their android would be willing to share how they did it?

All help much appreciated,
wmybhs :p

Exactly what you deserve, IMO. If it's a paid app in the Play Store and you find it (or something claiming to be it) elsewhere for free, why would you EXPECT anything else? If it's a free app in the Play Store, why would you LOOK anywhere else?

Upvote 0
I would have much harsher than funkylogik.

First of all, many developers prefer to develop apps for iOS than android because of this mindset. iOS is locked system and once Apple fanboy, hate Apple for exactly this reason. So why do you want to abuse the option given to you (of not locked OS)?

Secondly, as funkylogik said, respect the developers.

If you are rich enough to buy S4, you can't spare 1/4th of that money to buy apps? Really?

If you want free basic navigation, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navfree.android.OSM.USA&hl=en is not that bad. When I used last time, it did not have house numbers so you had to go by intersections. I am not too sure of the current status.

If you want free apps, install appgratis. I got some really nice goodies through it.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
I have to say, thanks to all your replies, I've now given up on the concept of using apk's and cracked apps simply because of how much hassle and worry there is as a result. I would have another question if you guys don't hate me yet, which gps would you recommend the most-even paid ones ;)- that are able to work offline while still being reliable?

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones