• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root URRRGGGHH!...cannot get dat mode to work!

still the same? onlychange is 2 more apps are now on sd card...wiped davlik and formatted SD ext in CWM (was I supposed to mount sd ext 1st maybe?), should I wipe cache partition also?

You do not want them to be on the sd as in the settings, they would be on the sdext 4 of the sd and actually tricked to be part of internal. You need to be mounted sdext, wiping cache will do nothing to help.
Try this View attachment SSM_Wipe_Dalvik.zip , put this on sd card and in cwm flash it, it will wipe the dalvik. Make sure ssm is checked in settings. Mount sdext, format again, then flash this to wipe dalvik and let boot up might take a few minutes. Try and let me know?

Upvote 0
You do not want them to be on the sd as in the settings, they would be on the sdext 4 of the sd and actually tricked to be part of internal. You need to be mounted sdext, wiping cache will do nothing to help.
Try this View attachment 49434 , put this on sd card and in cwm flash it, it will wipe the dalvik. Make sure ssm is checked in settings. Mount sdext, format again, then flash this to wipe dalvik and let boot up might take a few minutes. Try and let me know?

no changes. i'm stumped. tried again from scratch after reformating SD and still nothing. did notice one thing: whenever I put SD in Minitool to reformat all partitions show up except "EXT4" appears as "EXT3" in minitool.

Upvote 0
no changes. i'm stumped. tried again from scratch after reformating SD and still nothing. did notice one thing: whenever I put SD in Minitool to reformat all partitions show up except "EXT4" appears as "EXT3" in minitool.

I think we have all said "Don't use Minitool"... If you want problems that's what you'll get. Use CWM to do it... If your running CT Mod it has a built in partitioner. Just go to Settings/CTMod settings/Partition Settings.

Upvote 0
I think we have all said "Don't use Minitool"... If you want problems that's what you'll get. Use CWM to do it... If your running CT Mod it has a built in partitioner. Just go to Settings/CTMod settings/Partition Settings.

You misunderstood. I don't partition in Minitool. I only used it to format my sd card to Fat32 when I attempt to start from scratch, making sure all partitions are deleted. I noticed, before I format my sd card, it shows the ext4 partition (created using ctmod) as "ext3." I thought that info might be helpful......

Reactions: DaisFlaque
Upvote 0
To me it looks like, that some cards just don't like the ext4 or ext3 format...... Or maybe it has to do with the partition size of the ext4...... I am wondering as well, but when ever I got stuck somewhere, I just tried different cards and somehow it worked......Maybe some sd-cards don't like FAT32 + ext4 partition at the same time..... Who knows ? ;)

Upvote 0
All in all idont know what to say. I definatelt appreciate the help. I even triedmy original card that worked with DATA mode and SSM did not work... All in all I'm not an expert but I noticed 2 distinct things:

1. after reflash with odin including reformat of sd, i installed CTmod and went into partition setting and the partition settings from last SSM attempt were still there?!! (exact sizes and all).

2. it seems like CWM and CTmod partition/davlik options don't communicate 100%. Alot of thing done in one dont reflect in the other (at least how it appears to me)

thanks all for your help: I had my phone rooted for a year (only because I good at following directions) and in one week my knowledge went from a 2/10 to a 7/10 LOL!

Upvote 0
All in all idont know what to say. I definatelt appreciate the help. I even triedmy original card that worked with DATA mode and SSM did not work... All in all I'm not an expert but I noticed 2 distinct things:

1. after reflash with odin including reformat of sd, i installed CTmod and went into partition setting and the partition settings from last SSM attempt were still there?!! (exact sizes and all).

2. it seems like CWM and CTmod partition/davlik options don't communicate 100%. Alot of thing done in one dont reflect in the other (at least how it appears to me)

thanks all for your help: I had my phone rooted for a year (only because I good at following directions) and in one week my knowledge went from a 2/10 to a 7/10 LOL!

I'm still thinking of what it might be? As soon as I find something out I will let you know, so keep an eye on this thread!

Reactions: laz223
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones