1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3 root?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Matthew1125, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Matthew1125

Matthew1125 Newbie

finally upgraded to the S3 from a CM7 HTC Desire. I must say this phone is incredible! I do think that after a week of having this phone, it is time to root.

A few nights ago, I had just let the phone go overnight unplugged. I went to task manger and closed everything and cleared the recent apps. I also have disabled maps, s-voice, etc, as I dont need them through the night. Mind you the phone sat all night untouched. I woke up 6-7 hours later and the battery had dropped 12 % in full service. So I downloaded CPUspy and repeated the test the following night. The whole night, it was in deep sleep, but dropped 10%. My Desire would drop maybe 2% tops through the night in full service. No wifi, no mobile, bluetooth, gps, etc...

So my question is, how can I go about rooting this. I have seen many articles from different carriers, but none with us cellular. Although I did see the Sprint model is the same as US Cellular. I also did find a ROM that was like the stock one, which would be nice. I mainly just want to put a Kernal on it to slow it down and underclock...

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews