• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

US X10 peolple jumped the gun too soon

I was looking as SE page this morning and found the answer as to why we are not getting any more Android OS updates... The soon to be released Xperia ARC!!! (With Android Gingerbread OS) :mad:.

Sorry guys, had to blow off a little steam...

Sorry but that is NOT why we are not getting updates to the X10

and as for jumping the gun, don't talk nonsense

phone manufacturers, including Apple etc, release new handsets on a quarterly to yearly timescale

so those of us that have 24 mth contracts, were gonna get left behind at some point regardless

pure case of mis-information there - even if it was a rant, it was incorrect

Upvote 0
I was looking as SE page this morning and found the answer as to why we are not getting any more Android OS updates... The soon to be released Xperia ARC!!! (With Android Gingerbread OS) :mad:.

Sorry guys, had to blow off a little steam...
I am an US X10 owner for almost 6 months. I got it knowing it was 1.6 and without much expectation that at&t will soon upgrade it if at all.

I am out of contract and six months is about my average stint with a device, except for my two Treos, the 750 and the Pro.

Considering I have not had any inclination yet to go for another device, I would say I made the right decision.

I had three upgrades after de branding and each one made it better yet.

Just my 2 cents :)

Upvote 0
I think people are going to complain about any device and they're not in the wrong to do so...but if you really look at this phone as it stands...try not to compare with other companies... is it really not living up to your expectations?

We all bought the phone knowing it may never get dual touch. We all bought it knowing it was being released with an already out-dated OS version that didn't have flash. We all knew it didnt' have a good camera flash.

But as for the rest I think it comes as advertised. It has a fast processor, big ass screen and lots of memory... meaning it's very customizeable and that's where the developer community stepped in..and MAN have they delivered! The options we have available to us now is simply astounding.

I'm running X10's Eminence ROM with my own tweaks that i've learned on this forum and I just love the phone. Yes I want flash but i'm waiting for a stable 2.2 before making the move because the phone simply does everything I expect and more as it is. To be honest I loved it with the Rogers 2.1 update until my email notification stopped working... I figured rather than reflash I'd put on Eminence for the black status bar and I'm just thrilled with the results.

Anyways, there's my rant :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones