1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General USA at&t 2.1 camera shutter sound

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Godzilla311, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Godzilla311

Godzilla311 Lurker
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    Now that we finally got the official 2.1 update here in the US less than a week ago, is there anyone here who can confirm whether the shutter sound can still be turned off after upgrading to 2.1?

I've been reading around and all the countries and providers seem to be different so I'm hoping someone in the US (at&t) can comment on this.
    I only know of one other person with an X10 in my area and both of ours on 1.6 can disable the shutter sound (advance settings fourth option is OFF) so I'm hoping for it to be the same on 2.1.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    I don't own your device.. but I'm in your camp. I would not want to hear the shutter. Good luck with the upgrade and welcome to AF. I hope you enjoy your stay.

3. beau420

beau420 Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    Computer Guy
    Ottawa
    Of course.

I open the camera, I hit the menu button, goto Advanced, goto Shutter Sound and I can chose from sound 1-2-3 or off. I could also just turn down the media volume to zero, and then even if the sound is on, it won't be heard.

Pretty odd question.

Now, I don't have 2.1 stock, or AT&Ts version of 2.1, so I can't confirm with the exact version you are going to get, but my version of 2.1 allows the ability to turn off a shutter noise.

4. Godzilla311

Godzilla311 Lurker
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    ahh thanks, but I'm only asking about at&t's official 2.1 release since it was just released last week (May 31st).

I don't see how it's an odd question though. I go to college and I take pictures of the board often instead of taking notes and during presentations. It's distracting with a sound and some instructors don't like that.
    From what I've read around this and other boards is that some countries and configurations disable the ability to turn off the sound for silly privacy laws so I would like to know if the 2.1 update from at&t in the USA did as well.