1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Usage tips for locale

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mtraina7, Dec 22, 2009.

1. mtraina7

mtraina7 Active Member

Dec 10, 2009
    For all of those who have Locale I'm looking for different uses the Droid Community is using. I feel like this program has such great potential that I'm not taking full advantage of. So far I'm using it for turning off wifi when the battery is below 30%, turning off volume when I'm at work (using the gps function), and turning off sound when my calendar has me in a meeting.

What about anyone else?

THANKS!!

Advertisement

2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Mortgage Underwriter
    Rochester, NY
    I have mine change the wallpaper when I'm at work. I change my wallpaper a lot and ocassionally I will have a slightly NSFW background on there if the mood strikes. I like that it automatically adjusts this when I'm at work, because I can be forgetful and it's not something my boss would appreciate.

I turn the notification volume completely off during the hours I'm usually sleeping, but keep the ringer up. I figure if there's a late night emergency, I'll get a call, not a text.

I'm sure there are a ton of other clever things people have come up with. I haven't gotten that far into it. I basically just have Default, Sleep, Work and Low Battery profiles set up.

3. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
  4. BobD

BobD Member

Nov 24, 2009
    How do you get it to recognize you are in a meeting? What is the condition?

5. Medic_in_SC

Medic_in_SC Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Paramedic
    South Carolina