• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB audio out?

Sisaacs

Android Enthusiast
Mar 16, 2010
Been trying to search for an answer to this but could not find one. Anyone know if the Incredible supports audio out through the usb port. Thinking about buying new car stereo with usb port and wanted to know if I could stream audio out through my car stereo in this way or if I would just have to go with aux in jack?

Been trying to search for an answer to this but could not find one. Anyone know if the Incredible supports audio out through the usb port. Thinking about buying new car stereo with usb port and wanted to know if I could stream audio out through my car stereo in this way or if I would just have to go with aux in jack?

I too have literally been searching everywhere! Even an application to download to make the usb audio out. I want to stream pandora for my phone to my car speakers.

Upvote 0
Another option to consider is the bluetooth. I use it and the sound quality is great, and if I need to charge it I can.

+1 alot of newer decks support bluetooth. One less cable to carry around.

and one more crappy audio signal. come on devs and car audio market! the car audio market is already behind the times. Alpine is supporting streaming Pandora through the iDA-X305S. This would be nice to be supported with Ardroid also. I think it could go a step further though by bypassing the DAC on the phone and transfer the digital stream (via name your music player here) to the deck and let it process the stream with a better 24 bit Burr Brown DAC. I can already do that with my iPoo and a iDA-X001.

Upvote 0
The AV-Out/Tv-Out cable has audio. Judging from past HTC usb TV/AV-out cables ( I have one for my Touch Pro), it is likely there will be a dedicated usb-audio cable shortly after the TV cables come out. They're usually made and sold via Hong Kong retailers on ebay and sites like deal extreme.

Upvote 0
The AV-Out/Tv-Out cable has audio. Judging from past HTC usb TV/AV-out cables ( I have one for my Touch Pro), it is likely there will be a dedicated usb-audio cable shortly after the TV cables come out. They're usually made and sold via Hong Kong retailers on ebay and sites like deal extreme.

so are you saying with this cable that will come out in the future it will work?

Upvote 0
so are you saying with this cable that will come out in the future it will work?

That's right. Previous HTC phones (Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2) have had an adapter available that plugged into the USB port on the phone and then allowed an A/V cable (for TV out), or just an audio cable plugged into the adapter, as well as another mini-usb port to plug in a charger.

I assume that because the Incredible has been advertised as having TV out, that a similar adapter will soon be available, and you will be able to leave the adapter plugged into a charger, as well as an audio (or a/v cable) plugged in to a car stereo w/ an aux input, and then merely plug the adapter into the phone when you get in the car.

as to your original question of being able to use the USB input of a car stereo, I think the only option there is to use the phone is storage mode, and access MP3's stored on the SD card (and that may be a problem because the incredible has 2 storage devices available via USB -maybe I'll try it tomorrow on my Kenwood w/ USB input and see!).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones