1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

USB battery charging cable issues?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Joshieca, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Joshieca

Joshieca Member

So I've tried to get a longer micro USB cable to charge my phone but they don't seem to work, I've tried three now. If I use anything but the cable from Samsung my phone won't charge, it shows it has power from the other non-OEM cables but they won't charge the phone. My phone is the US AT&T version, non-rooted, using the Samsung travel charger; any thoughts?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Joshieca

Joshieca Member

I guess I am the only one with this issue. :(

3. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Extreme Android User

I've got an international one and it charges normally using a blackberry cable and an HTC cable. Haven't tested with the travel charger yet

4. Rolo42

Rolo42 Android Enthusiast

Mine charges (as AC) with a generic 6' USB cable plugged into the Samsung travel charger.

Does Settings|Battery not say "Charging (AC)" when the battery is <90%?

5. WAWood8

WAWood8 Well-Known Member

Have a bunch of different USB cables left over from using my HTC dinc -- and the S3 charges just fine with nearly als of them. In fact, the Dinc used to complain when I used a non-Verizon car charger with a USB jack; in contrast, the S3 doesn't complain at all.

That said, I have found one USB cable that will not charge the S3 -- it one with a retractable cable.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews