• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root USB-Brick... Can anyone help??

peaveyone

Lurker
Aug 19, 2011
As a newbie, I treaded lightly into the rooting world. I rooted with superoneclick after about a hundred tries and a lot of forum reading. Used Titaniom Backup (Once) to freeze some apps and wifi tether (Once) just to see it works. Then BAM before I can dig in deeper Verizon slams an update which takes away my root. Wanting my root back I decide to get back to original ROM using LGNPST... this didnt work because the usb couldnt be recognized in dload mode.

Anyhow, I pulled the battery because the screen was stuck on "Do not unplug cable until update is done" although my computer already informed me there was an error and the update wasn't going at all. After I restarted the phone i can no longer connect my usb cable to the computer for file transfer or anything. The Icon on the phone never comes on to tell you what usb mode it is in. I did several battery pulls, and factory resets but it didn't work. It is also not the cable or drivers because I have another revolution that connects instantly.

Now I have a unrooted non USB useable phone with files like superuser still showing up under apps that make it obvious that it was rooted. I would take it back for warranty exchange if I didn't think they were going to charge me full price for the replacement once they realized it was rooted.

So if anyone can help me either get my USB back or help me get rid of the system files that were installed during the rooting process, I would greatly appreciate it.

Other than no USB phone is 100% normal as far as I can tell.

Factory reset will NOT get rid of superuser app.

To the OP have you tried the factory drivers?

LG Forum choose your carrier.

You should be able to get usb working with that, it's not your phone, it's your pc that needs updating.

Thanks for the info on the reset.

However, OP states that his other Revolution connects to the same PC without a problem, so it can't be the drivers. It is most likely a corrupted file on the phone.

I still say a factory reset is worth a try. Other than that, try to uninstall superuser and any other contraband apps from the applications menu.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones