• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB Cable problem

Hi everyone,

I am Bilal.....Recently my ideos started causing problems i.e. when I connect it to a computer via data cable, a message appers stating "USB device not recognised". I tried it on different computers but end up with no result. I think i lost usb drivers of my phone. What do u guys suggest?

Bumping this thread as I have the same problem. The phone worked fine for the first couple of months but one day when I plugged it into my pc via USB, I recieved the same Device Not Regocnized error. Since then I have scoured the internet for solutions and so far nothing. I've tried multiple PC's on several different OS's, Tried 2 other USB cords and last night reluctantly reset the phone to factory defaults but still no luck.

To confirm, the device still charges off its USB cable, but that seems to be all it can do. I no longer get the USB symbol on the phone or the option to enable SD data connection.

My primary PC runs win7 32bit and I would welcome any help with this issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones