1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Usb cable problems please help!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by AnDRoIdmAN100, Sep 23, 2011.

1. AnDRoIdmAN100

AnDRoIdmAN100 Newbie

I know, it's not the right place to post this thread but i just need help and a lot of people are viewing this forum.
    I have a problem with my usb cable, i can't transfer files (big files). So i connected my phone with the usb cable to the pc, the drivers installed and a mirror appeared with the kies or usb mass storage. I selected usb mass storage and in the background there was the android with the mount button. I pressed it too. Then i tried to copy files and on the phone keeps appearing and hiding that mirror, just like i connect and disconnect the cable. There is a chance of doing this to freeze my phone, i have to reinsert the battery. Is it the usb cable or the phone who does this?
    *Note: the phone it's updated to 2.2 with kies, i had to retry the process of copying files lots of times because the loading bar stopped many times.
    I am also sorry for my bad grammar, english isn't my natal language.

Advertisement

2. danaj

danaj Android Enthusiast

Why not try with a different usb cable, and then if it works you could rule out that the phone is causing the problem. I am sure you have a friend that would let you try out their cable for a minute. Also check that the connections are not dirty or loose.

3. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Android Enthusiast

Yup.. try a different cable and try to access your phone via my computer.

Also is it an original branded cable or an e-bay type one? The e-bay ones cause a lot of problems.

4. AnDRoIdmAN100

AnDRoIdmAN100 Newbie

The usb cable was sold in the same box as the phone, not one from ebay.