• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

dusty605

Lurker
Feb 12, 2016
Hi all, I bought a USB borescope for use at work and to plug into my phone. I was under the impression that the note 4 had OTG capabilities however it doesn't detect my camera when I plug it in. Has anyone else had a similar problem or know of a way to fix this. Thanks.

Well , although the note 4 does have OTG that isn't the whole story.

There are thousands of different devices out there, from flash drives, to Network adapters, sewing machines, oscilloscopes , blenders , game controllers, Pianos, coffee stirrers all using the same usb connector.

Now, obviously, the device that you're plugging them into needs something to tell it what to do with this.... and thats where drivers come in. Some of these are baked into the operating system (android, OSX, Windows etc) and so plugging a Flash drive or keyboard should work automatically.

If there isn't a driver available, windows will normally ask you to install one before you plug in the device.... I suspect you may need something like that for your boroscope... hopefully the manufacturer might be able to help (if they've written one that is)

Upvote 0
I have ordered a cable in the hope that that works. My mate has a HTC that picked it up straight away with the recommended app. I've tried various apps but none that see that a USB device is plugged in. I've also used an otg checker that shows the otg is working but also doesn't detect the camera. Fingers crossed the cable will help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones