• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories USB Charge data

For USB charging, does anyone know if the data pins need to be jumped or what? I have a eBay battery charger with USB output, and the USB output does not work for some reason. When I plug my phone in there, it gives the charging status but does not charge(also gets hot). Also, my iPod doesn't charge at all with the USB output.

I've cracked it open and it looks like it's getting power supply(5v/gnd).

I know it's defective; just trying to figure out how to fix it. I have two of them as I contacted the seller about it and they sent me another one free. It's cheaper for me to keep them than send them back.

I already have a Griffin and HTC A/C outlet USB charger, and a Kensington car usb charger, so it's not a huge issue. I just like to make use of it since it's available.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones