• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB Charging Port seems fragile

D

Deleted User

Just got the TB today and connected and reconnected the usb charging connecting cable to the TB. This usb port on the TB seems very fragile, nearly like you will break it when you snap the connection in and out. Doesn't seem like it would last very long. This is the first time I've used a USB connector on a phone and I'm just not sure this is normal. Anybody else feel this port is flimsy and could break easily?

Don't worry about it. It is not any more fragile than other phone that I have had with a micro usb port. They're designed to have that snappy feeling, and the reason it probably feels fragile is since the connector is so small. As long as you're not putting a ton of axial force on it, the port shouldn't give you any issues over the life of your phone.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones