1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

USB Charging

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bazzle01, Aug 23, 2012.

1. bazzle01

bazzle01 Lurker

I have never been able to charge my Wildfire S properly from an usb cable.
    I have tried a few different cables, different pc's, powered hubs etc.
    Anyone had sucess charging from usb?

Bazzle

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Calomax

Calomax Well-Known Member

Never ever had a problem. I've had the phone since February.

3. What do you mean by properly. When charging from usb it only charges at half rate which is why I never bother. It can take over 8 hrs to charge from usb & I find if I am using it while connected sometimes the bat level goes down still as the charge current is too low. This is not a fault but a feature of android as usb ports are not capable of the sort of current a modern li-on bat requires for a fast charge.

4. Caro332

Caro332 Android Expert

I charge my phone very often on USB and never had a problem. But like playing around, it charges a lot slower which is completely normal

5. Calomax

Calomax Well-Known Member

To qualify that, I don't usually charge it this way but when it's connected to the laptop for other reasons it seems to charge ok.

6. bazzle01

bazzle01 Lurker

OK, yes the issues is when its on and on usb, sometimes it even cant keep up.
    I will use main charger and usb only to keep it going whilst adding progs etc.

Thanks Bazzle

HTC Wildfire S Forum

The HTC Wildfire S release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews