• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB Connection Detection

fillem

Lurker
Jun 4, 2010
I've had a Milestone for about a month now and have noticed that it seems to have problems detecting that the USB cable has been connected.

Sometimes when I connect it, to the mains charger or to a PC, it doesn't indicate that anything has happened - no USB notification and no lightning symbol on the battery to show that it is charging. If I power the phone off and then connect it the phone turns on and shows the USB notification.

Has anyone else experienced this or should I look at getting the phone exchanged?

This is a duplicate - please delete this thread.
============================
I've had a Milestone for about a month now and have noticed that it seems to have problems detecting that the USB cable has been connected.

Sometimes when I connect it, to the mains charger or to a PC, it doesn't indicate that anything has happened - no USB notification and no lightning symbol on the battery to show that it is charging. When this happens, if I power the phone off and then connect it then the phone turns on and shows the USB notification and charging symbol as expected. (The phone definitely doesn't charge when the symbol isn't shown.)

Has anyone else experienced this or should I look at getting the phone exchanged?

Upvote 0
Are you using a task killer? If so make sure the "usb" process is added to your ignore list.

thanks for this! i kept connecting and like 1 min later getting kicked off. I was wondering why but my USB connection never even shows up in the task killer. It is killed before I can even tell it to exclude it so I finally just turned if off and that worked. Now I can easily get the data off of my old phone.

I'm also wondering if this is what was making my phone crash. It would just randomly reboot out of nowhere. I wonder if it was killing some critical process and causing that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones