1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support USB connection drains battery fast

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kane337, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Kane337

Kane337 New Member

Aug 16, 2010
    I got my Samsung Vibrant yesterday and like it a lot. However, I have what I thought was a faulty battery problem. The battery would not charge when hooking it up via USB to my desktop or AC.

I took the phone to the Tmobile store and they swapped out the battery for me. The battery runs fine unplugged but as soon as I plug in the USB adaptor it starts losing a % of charge every 10 secs. As soon as I unplug it the draining stops. I called the Tmobile store again and they said it may be the USB adaptor. Well, I have a spare cable. I used it and the same thing happens.

Is there something wrong with my phone? Is there a setting I need to adjust? Anyone experienced this yet?

Advertisement

2. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    Go back and tell them you want an exchange

3. dan0zone

dan0zone Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    ???? Are you saying that when you plug in the cable with nothing on the other end the battery drains, or when you use a usb adapter you get this.....? what is the adapter for...

4. Kane337

Kane337 New Member

Aug 16, 2010
    The adapter is for charging. I want to charge the battery but it does the extreme opposite of charging. I can have the phone plugged into the PC or a wall outlet. Same thing happens. The battery drains. With nothing connected to the phone the battery holds steady.

5. wildblue

wildblue Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    That's obviously a problem. Sounds like a HW issue in the phone, or possibly the USB cable. I'd take all the pieces to TMO and show them.

6. dan0zone

dan0zone Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    No not the cable.. just a damaged usb port, so yes take it back...

7. buya

buya New Member

I have come across your problem, and I ate Yaba Kui