• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

USB Connection error: "The device is currently busy..."

When I connect my Galaxy S7 to my PC (Windows 10) via USB and open a folder I get the following error message:

"The device is currently busy and its contents may not be fully displayed. If another application is copying data to or from the device, please wait for it to finish and then retry."

I've tried every USB port, re-starting my computer, different cables but no files are copying. I have an microSD card inserted (Samsung EVO+) and have tried opening a folder with the card in and out of the phone - same result. I contacted Samsung support and they gave me a phone code to access the USB Settings Menu. Their instructions were the following:

On the Phone dial pad enter: *#0808# to get to USB Settings. Choose USB > AP ; USB Settings: MTP + ADB and the reboot.

I was then instructed to use "Smart Switch" to back up my phone to my computer but smart switch didn't seem be responding after awhile (I presume because of the connection not working).

I also followed the instructions at this link (http://www.thecellguide.com/samsungs7usbissue.php ) to get to the USB debugging but no help.

Any thoughts? Connecting to my computer worked fine the first few days I had it but has been hit and miss since.

Thanks for any help that is provided!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones