• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root USB Connection Help

deletion

Jul 27, 2010
I am trying to flash back to just 2.2. I want to do a nice clean install of Apex. Anyways I am having an incredible amount of trouble getting my computer to recognize my droid x in PC Mode with USB debugging enabled. I have the drivers installed but my computer still does not recognize it. I still get the yellow exclamation in the device manager window for M8100 or whatever the droid x device numer is. Any tips?

I have literally tried everything. I have drivers installed and RSD Lite will still not recognize my device.

Make sure you have the 4.7.1 drivers. USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola, Inc. USA

Then go to Start... Programs... Motorola... Motorola Driver Installer and choose "clean and reinstall".

My experience is the 4.7.1 drivers are required for Froyo.

While you're at it, you've got a new icon in the tray (by the clock). Right-click on it and turn off the Verizon spam page so you don't get a web page opening up every time you plug in.

Upvote 0
if this RSDLite is the same as the last iteration, then try "charge only" mode. It is important that debugging be showing in your notification. When I had to flash back to 2.2 with the old RSDLite, I used charge only mode. Try it. Let me know. Good luck.

Upvote 0
if this RSDLite is the same as the last iteration, then try "charge only" mode. It is important that debugging be showing in your notification. When I had to flash back to 2.2 with the old RSDLite, I used charge only mode. Try it. Let me know. Good luck.

No Dice, USB Debugging shows in the notification, but RSD Lite does not show my phone

Upvote 0
Power off the device while still connected to the computer then hold the volume UP and DOWN buttons at the same time while powering up. This will manually put you in bootloader and recognized by RSD.

GMB

Tried it , Still can't get this working, I get the bootloader, but RSD Lite still does not detect the phone. I think I'll just do it on another machine. XP is too difficult.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones