1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support USB connection in Android headunit

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Bernstar, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Bernstar

Bernstar Lurker
    None

Jun 22, 2016
    Male
    Hello guys,

I have recently purchased an android head unit for my car, and for some reason, the USB port on the USB cable that connects to the back of the head unit does not work, I have tried 5 different USB sticks, and even a card reader with SD card in it, it still won't budge.

On the card reader, it flashed for one second when i plugged in, and gone. In the head unit itself, it does not recognise the USB/SD card, and basically I cannot use the head unit for the intended purpose as no media can be read from external source.

Is it a matter of upgrading the system? (if so, should I upgrade android system or MCU system? Although I don't know what MCU system is)

The android version is 4.4.2, MCU version 5.3.18-60-10-C00101-160111
    and system version 4.5.9_20160322

I am a noob when it comes to Android, so I was hoping you android experts could lend a helping hand :)

Thank you in advance.

Bernie

Advertisement

2. Zidds

Zidds Lurker
    None

Sep 25, 2015
    Male

What size flash drives or SD cards are you using? And have you made sure that they're formatted to FAT32?

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Provided your USB sticks are formatted as FAT32, it should just work. I think it's probably defective, and should be replaced or repaired under warranty.

Mikestony likes this.