1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support USB connection issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by henryronny, Nov 28, 2011.

1. henryronny

henryronny Member
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    OK so this morning my S2 has started playing up.

First of all the MTP connection keeps on booting and scanning my media (with no charger/cable attached)
    If I turn the phone off the screen flicks between telling me the battery is charging/is unable to charge with a yellow triangle and a thermometer (again with no cable attached) and is difficult to turn on again, requiring the battery being taken out, phone plugged in to the charger then battery reinserted.
    After looking at the forums I have tried to go to Settings/Applications/Development/ to uncheck USB debugging as suggested last month here

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga.../402840-samsung-galaxy-2-wont-turned-off.html

However I can't because my phone thinks the USB is plugged in. Even had to ask my wife to loan her iPhone to take this photo (the shame...)

I've cleaned my charging socket with a dry toothbrush & had the hairdryer on it (again, loaned from the wife) but no dice.

Any help greatly appreciated

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. brenno75

brenno75 Lurker
    None

Nov 28, 2011
    Hi

I Had similar problems with my phone last month. Tried cleaning the phone with a tooth brush, which did not work. Eventually it got worse causing the phone to freeze more consistently and even not being able to be turned on unless plugged in.

I took the phone to a authorized Samsung repairer. The fixed the phone by replacing a a part of the mother. (free of charge)

The phone just recently started having similar problems the last few days, so I took my phone back to the repairer, who have just informed me that there is liguid damage (corrosion in USB port), which is utter BS as the phone has not been exposed to any liquid. It seems this is a common problem with the Samsung galaxy. I have been told to contact the Samsung Voice IT team by email and tell them that i wish to dispute it.

The repairers are sending me photos of the phone as they too have said that it is only a minute amount of water.