1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

USB connection problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmj45, Sep 20, 2011.

1. jmj45

jmj45 Newbie

My captivate used to work normal when I plugged it into my computer, but earlier today I noticed that it thought it was connected when the sub was not in. I plugged it in and then unplugged it and it went back to normal, or so I thought. Now, when I connected to my computer, it does not recognize that I am plugging a USB in except for the charge notification. Does anyone know what is wrong with it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

I could think of several things that would cause this. Are you using the original USB cable? Captivates are a little fussy with USB cables. It could also be a dirty or bad connector on the phone. You can try and clean it out with a little alcohol on a q-tip.

Make sure it's set to connect as storage (or kies mode, if you use kies). You can always try rebooting the phone in case an app has locked up blocking the connection.

3. jmj45

jmj45 Newbie

I am using the original connector, I already rebooted it thinking that that would fix it, but it didn't. I think I will try cleaning it, thanks.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews