1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

USB connection starting to fail?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TxGoat, Sep 7, 2011.

1. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

I guess HTC's quality hasn't changed much since my TP2's build. I'm starting to notice some issues when I have my TB connected to my computer. On 3-4 occasions in the past 2 weeks I've had my laptop indicate that there was no connection. Anyone else noticing trouble with their USB connection?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cmhobbz

cmhobbz Newbie

Mine has failed completely. If the rest of the device wasn't operating superbly, I would have requested a replacement already. I'm just not comfortable with some of the replacement horror stories I've read here to take the chance on one.

3. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

How did it fail? Did some part snap off? And you're right about being afraid, "BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID!" I have gone through 4-5 refurbs (all sent back because they couldn't fit the front screen on correctly) and decided to just hold off on getting a replacement phone until this one dies on me completely and I can vent completely on Verizon's CS department.

4. magpullin

magpullin Well-Known Member

Next time you plug it in and the computer does not see it go back and set it for internet pass through. Let that turn on completely (takes a few seconds), and then turn it back on mount as disk drive. If it shows up then the problem is not the USB, but some glitch that a few others have been reporting.
    Don't know the exact cause, but I experienced this for a while, but am rooted now and not having this issue anymore.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews