1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

USB Connection type not working with HTC Evo with CynanogenMod

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by balitake, Jan 17, 2016.

1. balitake

balitake Lurker

Hey all, I'm new to this as far as posting, but i have been searching for about a week to see if anyone has had the issue I've had and I cant seem to find anything close for this phone

I purchased an Evo via amazon to use in my car to play music via usb. I had one before but i lost it. When I received it, CM 7 Nightly supersonic was already on it. The one i had before wasn't rooted.

When I plug this phone up to my car or computer it goes straight to mass storage mode and i have to turn it on every time. It's very annoying because i have to turn mass storage on everytime i get in the car.

With the one i had before, i got a "usb connection type" option once it was plugged up and i had it set on "mount as disk drive" and it stayed on it so my music would automatically start playing when i started my car.

Now I've seen some others have this issue, but my problem is, my device doesn't have the "usb connection type" option in the storage tab of my settings. I have also looked at the application settings and nothing was there either. I have turned the debugging off.

Is there any options in the CM settings, or is there an app i can download that can help?

I saw another person post that there were hidden options, but didnt see anything that would help me

Thanks in advance for any help

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. James L

James L Android Expert

Well you could unroot, or try a different rom to see if the issue is resolved. If i remember right CM 7 is 2.3
    You could go up to 2.3.4 stock.

I used to own a few Evo's and they were a ton of fun to change roms, go S off or just root.