• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi, I just got my X8 this week and loving it. One small problem though. When I connect the phone to my laptop via the USB and select file transfer on the phone I can view the SD card in Windows Explorer for a few seconds before the phone reboots. When it comes back on I get a message telling me there is no sim card, the phone locks and Windows Explorer crashes. I then have to remove the cable and the phone reboots and all's fine. Weird! the phone is running 2.1 update 1, the laptop is Vista Home Premium. Anyone else had problems with USB?

Hi, I just got my X8 this week and loving it. One small problem though. When I connect the phone to my laptop via the USB and select file transfer on the phone I can view the SD card in Windows Explorer for a few seconds before the phone reboots. When it comes back on I get a message telling me there is no sim card, the phone locks and Windows Explorer crashes. I then have to remove the cable and the phone reboots and all's fine. Weird! the phone is running 2.1 update 1, the laptop is Vista Home Premium. Anyone else had problems with USB?

When u connect the phone to PC u will get a pop up in ur phone right.. dont click any of those options.. just hit the back button and mount sdcard from the notification bar.

Reactions: cacko
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones