• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB Data Cable not charging

Hi guys. I have a problem with my Droid. A couple of days earlier I plugged my droid to computer for charging (since my wall charger is broker - don't know the cause - it will work only in certain positions).
I had to shut my laptop down and I forgot I was running low on battery. when I remembered, the phone was already shut down. I plugged it on to a wall charger one friend of mine uses for it's htc and the white led next to usb port didn't lit. then I tried plugging it to the computer, to the laptop, with varios combinations of cables and mounts.

the idea is: If i plug my phone for charging to computer or anywhere else, it will charge but the phone doesn't know that. The led next to the usb won't light, i have on the screen "Please connect your charger" message, in the about section it's written all over "discarching" but if I let the phone like that it will charge to 100%. The problem is my computer doesn't recognize the phone when i plug it in.... and that the phone also doesn't recognize this thing.

what do you think i should do? which could be the problem? Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones