1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips USB debugging & battery life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cashmere_cat, Feb 22, 2011.

1. cashmere_cat

cashmere_cat Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 2, 2010
    Western Canada
    I came across the following, and wondered if anyone here had any thoughts on the validity of it:

"Suprisingly i found that turning the usb-debug mode on has improved my batterylife "

"If u turn the usb debugging off, the /init process run at background will be more than 70%. This will kill your battery life and also make your device lag."

Advertisement

2. bfksc

bfksc Android Expert
    None

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    I don't think it's valid anymore. I've tried it on and off in the past, and no difference to my battery life. I also don't have any lag issues. I think the author was using an earlier version that had a lag issue with the Desire HD model, but that has been resolved with newer updates, and it's not an issue with our Desire's...at least not that I'm aware of.

3. rbdenham

rbdenham Lurker
    None

Mar 7, 2011
    I have the latest Android 2.2.1. I was having lag issues and battery drain recently. I used SystemPanel to monitor the processes running over time. I saw that the process init was using about 60 to 70% cpu continually. I turned on USB debugging, and the init process went down to pretty much 0% over time. My battery life increased at least 40%. For a 14 hour period, and using my SystemPanel monitoring, my battery life was at 65% at the end of the day. Normally, its around 30 to 40%. Hope this helps you as well. I'm sure all this depends on what you have running on your phone. I have tons of stuff going on ;-)

HTC86 likes this.
  4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Tags: