• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "USB Debugging, "Charging Only," etc. no longer displaying in my notification bar??

Went to my local sprint store to have it looked at. They suggested a reformat, which I gave a shot (even though I was extremely hesitant). So now here I sit with an EVO with none of the apps etc that I had and a default layout.

I shudder to think of all the time lost that I had put into my phone (layout etc.) Now to figure out how to get my payware apps back on. Hopefully when I head back to the store they either fix or replace it. :(

Upvote 0
OK, too little and too late for some, maybe in time for others - don't ever lose your stuff with a naked reboot.

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-support-troubleshooting/141369-how-fix-froyo.html

And yes, it's an older thread - but - things still get tangled in updates, they always will until they change their update strategy, and bookmarking that thread is a good idea - or - just look for its link in the sticky thread at the top of this sub-forum.

When your phone gets really loopy after one, and working things stop working, try the advice in that thread: backup / reset / restore+check your new config.

Upvote 0
OK, too little and too late for some, maybe in time for others - don't ever lose your stuff with a naked reboot.

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-support-troubleshooting/141369-how-fix-froyo.html

And yes, it's an older thread - but - things still get tangled in updates, they always will until they change their update strategy, and bookmarking that thread is a good idea - or - just look for its link in the sticky thread at the top of this sub-forum.

When your phone gets really loopy after one, and working things stop working, try the advice in that thread: backup / reset / restore+check your new config.

Early..it does nothing to fix this issue (at least in my case id didn't) I had the same thought...this issue is very similar and comes after a recent OTA but I HAVE NOT performed the update. I worry it may actually be something wrong with the cable (I have 4 so you know what I will be trying tonight) or the port.

I have noticed that the issue only occurs on my phone when in the car. When I hook up to a pc (different cable btw) I can still get to the menu to choose connection type...but when I am in the car it automatically changes to usb connection. all sd card content is blocked off :mad:

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
update...

it isn't the cable. confirmed it only happens in the car. the phone goes into usb mode and the sd card is not accessible

new market keeps reinstalling itself

when connected to power in either of our cars, with any of my multiple usb cables the phone goes into usb mode, can not change it, and nothing on the sd card is accessible :(

it appears that this only occurs when in the car. when connected to a computer I still have the option to change the connection mode.

I didn't start having the issue until the new market installed. I un install market updates and I can see my sd storage music etc then by the time I start to play a song the new market is there again and sd storage is unavailable :(

it's done this on any kernel/rom I try.

I am thinking it's either an issue associated to the new version of the market...or a bad usb port

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones