• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Usb debugging problem

Aelyas

Lurker
May 15, 2016
I recently got the bug where you cant access the home button , notification bar or the recents , i think i know how to fix it ( adb ) but i cant access developer options , it says "dev options are not availible to this user" or something in that neighbourhood. I need to activate usb debugging to work with adb though. i used to be able to access devoptions but now i cant anymore ? any advice please ?:)

Motorola Moto g3 , android 6.0

Welcome to our AndroidForums :).

Have you tried this procedure:

Got to Settings -> About phone -> scroll down to the Build number row -> tap it 7 (or maybe 8) times until it tells you "you are a developer now" (or similar message)

Then hit the back button and you should (hopefully) now see the Developer options row above the About phone row and from there you can enable Developer options (On toggle on title bar) and then USB debugging.​

You'll of course need the proper adb USB drivers and will have to confirm that you want the connecting device (PC) to be authorized (you'll get a prompt on your Android about this).

Cheers!

Reactions: ThePhizzle
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones