1. Android Forums is going down for maintenance at 6:00PM Central time. We apologize for any inconvenience! Shouldn't be down too long.
  2. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support USB Device not Recognized-Now what??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tweak89, Oct 1, 2010.

1. tweak89

tweak89 Active Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Unlike many who have had this problem, I don't think this a PC driver issue.

My Vibrant suddenly will not mount. I have it set to MASS STORAGE as it always has been, and now it usually won't bring up the USB notification (about 50/50 on this) on the phone and I get a USB Device not recognized error in Windows XP and Windows 7.

The phone is NOT rooted. I flashed JI2 with ODIN. I know it worked after that because I copied back my music movies and games back to the Vibrant from pc's running XP and 7.

Also, as a control, my coworkers Vibrant has no problem being recognized by my PC or his (mine does not work on either). Also, not sure if it does this normal, but when I plug it into my wall charger it brings up the notification to mount.

I have exhausted most of my options (drivers, kies, master resets etc..) I can get into download mode, but Odin does not see the phone (I though reflashing might fix it).

I have a replacement on the way, but I hate to swap it out since JI2 appears to have fixed the GPS issue for me and i'm afraid of getting a locked replacement.

Any ideas?

Advertisement