1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support USB Device not Recognized

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Oimmuk, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Oimmuk

Oimmuk Newbie
    None

Aug 18, 2011
    Well, I some how went to bed last night and forgot to disconnect the phone from the PC when I shut the PC down, and to make matters worse when I woke up I turned on the PC with the Phone still attached, Now I am getting USB DEvice Not Recognized. Did I mess it up,bad?:eek:

Advertisement

2. KazWfS1

KazWfS1 Newbie
    None

Jun 14, 2011
    Just unplug USB and reboot pc I have done this also and it is trying to read the usb device instead of booting up as normal hope this helps

3. Oimmuk

Oimmuk Newbie
    None

Aug 18, 2011
    Tried that, no luck, also tried unplug reboot phone reattach no luck. Tried turning both off for a bit after unplugging then turn on the PC let it do it's thing then turn on the phone let it do it's thing and then hooking them up...no go either. Every thing was fine last night when I messed up now...not so fine.

4. Oimmuk

Oimmuk Newbie
    None

Aug 18, 2011
    Update, managed to get it working again after going into settings>Accounts,sync>Factory Data reset. which of course reset all factory settings and wiped out my data, but I didn't have much on it anyhow...then I had to connect it to my PC and remove the Android drivers and un connect then reboot the PC and the phone<phone by removing the battery till pc was done> and then reconnecting all together again...finally it works. I went to Metropcs and had them import all my contacts from my old phone and vioula I am back in business...now if I only knew what the heck I was doing I might be dangerous...

5. starxpilot

starxpilot Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    Loss Prevention Agent
    Garland
    Not sure what the problem is called, but something like this happened to an MP3 I had.

I think its leaving it plugged into a powered down computer that cause some sort of problem...

6. KazWfS1

KazWfS1 Newbie
    None

Jun 14, 2011

Glad you got it sorted

Tags: