1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

USB Device Not Recognized

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vehtemas, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert

What the hell is the issue?

I have restarted the PC, verified the port works and installed the Motorola 64 bit universal drivers...

The Bionic refuses to be recognized so I cannot root this thing...

Is there something wrong or something I am forgetting?

2. marine one

marine one Well-Known Member

Are you using the USB cable that came with the Bionic? I was told by the guy who sold me mine at Costco that the drivers will be installed on your computer via the new cable. Mine worked first time.

DanDroide and Vehtemas like this.
  3. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert

Absolutely weird but that worked... Don't know why the cable would matter but that did it.

4. marine one

marine one Well-Known Member

Cool. The guy at the Costco kiosk said to use the cable supplied with the phone for connecting the first time because it would load the needed drivers. I found that odd, but it sounds like he knew what he was talking about. I'm not surprised though, because he was very knowledgeable and it was a first class experience from start to finish.

5. Ellipse

Ellipse Lurker

So what is so different about the cable that comes with the Bionic. This could be a very important issue.

I am having this issue, but it started working with a normal cable. However, it is no longer working with that cable.

Drivers should not be in the cable, either. They are stored on the device as well as downloadable from Motorola, I believe.

6. I'm having the same issue. I just bought a retractable micro usb cable from Monoprice, and the Bionic refuses to charge or be recognized on my work computer. The drivers cannot be "in the cable" -- plus, I downloaded and installed the Moto Mobility drivers before I ever plugged in -- so there must be something non-standard about the pinouts or voltage in the Bionic's usb implementation.

7. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert

Not really, it IS possible there is a very small microchip with flash drivers that somehow integrate with the information on the device, no?

Or am I talking out of my ass haha

8. HotDawg

HotDawg Android Enthusiast

Sigh. I have so many USB cords on my desk I'm not even 100% sure which one came with the darn thing.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews