1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support usb disconnect

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Unseen, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Unseen

Unseen Member

Nov 8, 2009
    I mounted the usb after connecting it (mount via the phone that is) but 2 seconds it always disconnects or unmounts again. Why?

I have Windows 7 Pro 64bit. The sd card folder shows up on my pc, then disappears 2 seconds later when the phone unmounts automatically.

Advertisement

2. jhut

jhut Active Member

Aug 27, 2009
    I've heard Windows 7 is having issues with SD cards. It must be a driver issue. I still haven't seen a fix for it but if I find something I'll let you know. Do you have access to another computer so you can confirm it's a Windows 7 problem and not an Eris problem?

3. Unseen

Unseen Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Its not W7 because I have an SD card and it works perfectly fine.

4. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Mechanical Piping Designer
    Delaware
    do you move it at all once onnected, it seems the connection at the phone is a little loose sometimes and if it gets bumped it will disconnect for a second.

(anyone else notice this?)

5. Unseen

Unseen Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Its not like that because it charges just fine when connected and moved around otherwise

6. jeffyo

jeffyo Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Pharmaceuticals
    SF Bay Area
    I just started to have the same issue when yesterday it was working just fine. I'm also using Windows 7 64bit. It's not the first time this has happened. I would restart your computer and keep your phone connected to the phone. It should fix the problem.