1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

USB ethernet adapter installation

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    Hi guys,
    I am in a fix and need help. I recently bought a micro USB ethernet adapter. Now I am facing issues installing it. No idea how to use it. I have galaxy note 2 and windows 8 laptop. My phone is rooted. Upon connecting the phone to laptop via ethernet cable and the micro USB-ethernet adapter all seems to be fine as the network light starts blinking in the adapter. I got CD with the product but no manual. I installed the drivers from the CD. The new connection shows up in network connections. Still no internet on phone. Also i tried sharing my network connection to the phone which resulted in no success. Can somebody please guide me how to make this work or did I just wasted money in excitement.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    Hi

As far as I know there is no way to provide internet service TO a note2 via a cable. If you need to use your laptop to provide service (presumeably the laptop is connected via ethernet cable since if you have wifi your note2 would connect to that) then see this:

How to Turn Your Windows 8 Laptop into a Wireless Access Point

Or is your laptop really old and without a wifi card? If so you need to get a wireless router

Roger