• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB Indexing to Car Stereo Help

Phoneguy65

Lurker
Mar 5, 2011
Hey Gang, This is my first post to the forum so please go easy on me.

Earlier this week I finally made the leap from my iPhone3g to the Atrix and, for the most part, I don't regret it one bit. While it has taken a little retraining of my eye and learning where things are, it is has been a great phone so far.

I think that the last irritation that I have is that it is a bit buggy when I hook it up to the USB port with my car stereo. It took three days before I could get music (MP3) to play however, now that songs do play, the device goes through a "USB Indexing" every time that I plug the phone into the port. The result is that I end up listening to the same three songs every time that I plug it in until the indexing is complete.

Is/has anyone else had this problem and what did you do about it? My iPhone just worked so this is new and extremely frustrating.

Thanks in advance.
:thinking:

The USB port is stock in my 2010 Camaro. For some reason, it will pick up the tunes when they are programmed on the SD drive but not from the internal storage. If this is the way it is going to be, I get it but it seems counter intuitive, and a step back, from my iPhone. I get the same result when I plug the SD into my work Blackberry. I guess that it is what it is. Thanks again for viewing.

Upvote 0
I was wondering if the car dock worked but I guess that answers that. How did you get it to work with the internal storage as I can only get it to work with the SD card. I have a feeling that I am going to have to get use to it or go back to my iPhone for now. I guess I have 3 weeks to decide.

Upvote 0
Hey Gang, This is my first post to the forum so please go easy on me.

Earlier this week I finally made the leap from my iPhone3g to the Atrix and, for the most part, I don't regret it one bit. While it has taken a little retraining of my eye and learning where things are, it is has been a great phone so far.

I think that the last irritation that I have is that it is a bit buggy when I hook it up to the USB port with my car stereo. It took three days before I could get music (MP3) to play however, now that songs do play, the device goes through a "USB Indexing" every time that I plug the phone into the port. The result is that I end up listening to the same three songs every time that I plug it in until the indexing is complete.

Is/has anyone else had this problem and what did you do about it? My iPhone just worked so this is new and extremely frustrating.

Thanks in advance.
:thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones