1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

USB Mass Storage not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FrozenAshes, May 23, 2012.

1. FrozenAshes

FrozenAshes Lurker

Okay, so earlier today I tried plugging my phone into my computer because I wanted to place some music on my phone, but when I plugged it in, I never got the option to turn on USB Mass Storage. I tried unchecking and rechecking the box in the settings > SD card & phone storage part of my phone. I don't know if its because my phone went through the wash about 4 days ago, or if its my computer. Lots of help would be much appreciated.

~FrozenAshes :cool:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Gremaldin

Gremaldin Well-Known Member

Here are a couple of things you can try:
    1. Open the back lid and see if there is any moisture present.... If there is, rub it off with a clean cloth. Take off the SD card and gently wipe the connectors with a clean cloth. Then reinsert the memory card, try again.
    2. Try on another computer.
    3. Try a factory reset.

If you are rooted and have custom recovery installed:
    4. Try flashing a new ROM.

I cant guarantee any of these will fix the problem, but still worth a shot... if nothing works, take your phone to a service center.

3. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

A couple more tricks to try: A. Go to development/USB debugging. Turn it on. Then as fast as you can turn it off, and then back on.
    B. Turn the PC off. Plug the phone into the PC and then turn the PC on.

4. bacovabrat

bacovabrat Lurker

Im having the same problem with my phoen and tried everything and still not working. Was working fine a few days ago and now nothing which sucks cause I wanted to move some of my pics to my laptop. BTW I even tried plugging into another laptop and nothing. Anyone else know something else to try?

LG Optimus One Forum

The LG Optimus One release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews