• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB Mass Storage Problem

Taco Stand

Lurker
Jan 28, 2011
Hello all...
I have an LG Optimus S.

Via the USB connection cable, I've been able to file exchange on several different computers.

As soon as I plug it in, the little Droid-USB screen comes up and asks me if I want to turn on the USB storage.

As of this morning I plugged in to my computer, and now all it does is charge my phone. The Droid-USB screen did not come up and my computer does not list the phone as a drive.

What to do?
Please help if you can...

Ya, mine used to work if debugging was on or not. It worked fine rooted too. Now, I can check the debugging icon, but nothing comes up on notifications. Also, the transfer usb stopped popping up on my phone when i plug into my laptop and my laptop does not see it at all. So, I used my custom restore, but that did nothing. I put RebornROM on it hoping that would solve it. Nothing. Please Help! I'm new, this is my first post too, so hi, I'm Erik

Upvote 0
I had to check the bugging box on my optimus, and used a brand new usb chord. It works sometimes, sometimes it doesnt. I have had to re-install the drivers and also do a hard restart/reboot on my phone after I wipe everything.

I have another 9 months with this crap on this phone. I so much want to get something different....this product is horrible especially since the update.

Anyone have an evo or epic under 100 bucks they are willing to part with? I am a teacher/coach....funds are limited :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones