1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support USB Mass Storage

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DaneWade3, Aug 6, 2011.

1. DaneWade3

DaneWade3 Lurker
    None

Aug 6, 2011
    Hey folks. My Epic does not come up with any USB options when plugging it into my laptop. I cannot find an access to change/or cut on USB functions anywhere on the phone. Please help!

Advertisement

2. Stringyquark

Stringyquark Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 28, 2010
    Try a different usb port on your computer. If it is a desktop try the ones in the back. Try turning debugging on and off, and try a couple different usb cables.

3. Pierocksmysock

None

Jul 3, 2011
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Just wanted to bump this thread. I'm having a similar issue with my wife's epic where the computer isn't recognizing that there's a usb mass storage device connected to it. I've tried multiple machines, different operating systems (win xp, win 7, and ubuntu), and different usb cables. The odd thing is that I have the modem drivers loaded to it, and I can see it in odin, qpst, and some other tools that I use. In fact changing the prl was a breeze. Unfortunately I can't view the phone in adb either, so I've been unable to root it. (Even tried gingerbreak apk). I don't suppose anyone would have any thoughts on how to proceed at this point? (I would take it into sprint to swap it out, but the closest corporate store is 120 miles away and they frown on using 4g phones in my market).