1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

usb mass storage

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mike420, Dec 28, 2011.

1. mike420

mike420 Member

Is there anyway to set this as usb mass storage or will devs be avle to implement this feature later on? I have a clarion cd player with usb and to play my phone theoygh usb it has to b set to usb mass storage. Iknow i csn use aux but usb is way better.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

natively no i don't think there is anything you can do to remedy this. There may already be some mods floating around to fix this but that would require unlocking the bootloader and rooting if your up to it.

3. mike420

mike420 Member

Yea im fine with rooting but i havent been able to find anthing

4. wedgemoose

wedgemoose Android Enthusiast

Can someone please explain what "No Mass USB Storage" means? (in regular people terms). I've tried to search for an answer but it's always in Technical explanations.

I have transfered files from my PC to my phone (so it's not that)
    I can see the phone on the computer when i connect it (so it's not that either). Etc, etc

What CAN'T i do with "no Mass USB Storage"? That i could do with my Thunderbolt

5. Paul1201

Paul1201 Well-Known Member

As the the OP stated some car audio systems will read from a USB mass storage device allowing for music and other media to be played back from the drive. Since the GN does not support this format the music stored on the phone cannot be read by the car audio system.

Is it possible to partition the memory in the GN and use one of the partitions as USB mass storage?

6. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

Ice Cream Sandwich explained: MTP - what is it, why use it, and how to set it up | Android Central

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews