1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root USB MASS STORAGE

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JaJa789NeO, Mar 6, 2015.

1. JaJa789NeO

JaJa789NeO Newbie
    None

Jan 15, 2014
    Hello just wondering if anyone has found a way to make USB Mass Storage work on the LG Volt I've tried drive droid but it only mounts as a cd drive. Super frustrated as I just used my old phone a few years ago to make a boot cd on the sd card and it worked easy but I don't have that phone anymore. Sorry if this is the wrong forum I just wanted to know if any roms have this feature re enabled.

Advertisement

2. JaJa789NeO

JaJa789NeO Newbie
    None

Jan 15, 2014
    Nevermind on top of this Google also thought it would be a good idea to go back to fat32 with a 4gb size limit.

TWENTY FIFTEEN

3. aethervagrant

aethervagrant Member
    None

Mar 14, 2013
    Male
    Health Care
    California
    yeah its mostly a no go. I used to use my phone as LiveLinux boot drive, but apparently thats exactly how hella people were using to hack phones and computers. so now the phone has to play nanny and make sure shit is safe. some people/recoveries have had luck with it working or almost fully working (dont know about bootable images) by connecting their phone while in recovery. the twrp i use has a mount usb mass storage option and it def works for file editing and transfers, havent dont a bootable yet

4. jhofseth

jhofseth Member
    None

After booting, the kernel has to have been compiled with USB On-The-Go (OTG) support; stock ZV5 update kernel is not, nor is CM12 beta KoolAid kernel so far. It doesn't matter what Playstore app you install, the kernel has to support USB OTG, unfortunately. :)

Bad_MOFO_33 likes this.
Tags: