• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root USB MASS STORAGE

JaJa789NeO

Jan 15, 2014
Hello just wondering if anyone has found a way to make USB Mass Storage work on the LG Volt I've tried drive droid but it only mounts as a cd drive. Super frustrated as I just used my old phone a few years ago to make a boot cd on the sd card and it worked easy but I don't have that phone anymore. Sorry if this is the wrong forum I just wanted to know if any roms have this feature re enabled.

yeah its mostly a no go. I used to use my phone as LiveLinux boot drive, but apparently thats exactly how hella people were using to hack phones and computers. so now the phone has to play nanny and make sure shit is safe. some people/recoveries have had luck with it working or almost fully working (dont know about bootable images) by connecting their phone while in recovery. the twrp i use has a mount usb mass storage option and it def works for file editing and transfers, havent dont a bootable yet

Upvote 0
Hello just wondering if anyone has found a way to make USB Mass Storage work on the LG Volt I've tried drive droid but it only mounts as a cd drive. Super frustrated as I just used my old phone a few years ago to make a boot cd on the sd card and it worked easy but I don't have that phone anymore. Sorry if this is the wrong forum I just wanted to know if any roms have this feature re enabled.
After booting, the kernel has to have been compiled with USB On-The-Go (OTG) support; stock ZV5 update kernel is not, nor is CM12 beta KoolAid kernel so far. It doesn't matter what Playstore app you install, the kernel has to support USB OTG, unfortunately. :)

Reactions: Bad_MOFO_33
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones