• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Usb & nandroid

soFNcute

Jun 6, 2011
Atlanta
since ive rooted my evo using unrevoked, my laptop (old xp) has been unable to detect my phone. im not getting a pop up or the "autoplay" isnt running when its plugged in under "DISK DRIVE" or "USB Debugging". Ive tried to reinstall HTC Sync but phone still cant be found.

Any suggestions ?

also, im trying to run nandroid back up via RA but it keeps saying "oops...blah blah.. please check restore folder"? or something like that... im attempting to flash a new ROM but im not sure why i cant get nandroid to back up.

Any help with either of these issues will be greatly appreciated!!

:D

i just checked my available space on SD card and it says 0.00B

i will use a different SD card and see if it works that way...

as far as usb/recovery - im not clear on what you mean. i assume that maybe i should do something with the HBOOT at recovery??

Can you be a timy bit more specific ! im anxious to flash this ELITE rom ...but i have these two minor issues in the way lol

thank u!!

Upvote 0
while in recovery using RA you will see an option that says toggle usb or something like that. select it and it will allow you to mount your sd card to your computer, press the power button when done to back out. note: data transfers are slow while in recovery..

also you may have just unchecked to ask you when you plug your phone into your pc. does it charge when plugged into computer? if so then pull the the notification bar down and click on charging.. then select disc drive. I like to use this feature to eject my phone when done.. pull down and click disk drive then select charging and it has ejected ;) you can check this setting in setting - connect to pc

Reactions: soFNcute
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones