• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB on SGH-i757m no longer works. Can't upgrade via Kies to JB

Noxush

Lurker
Jun 4, 2013
Hopefully I'm in the right section.

Hello, I am currently in need of some help. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2: Model #: SGH-i757m. I had previously been rooted but returned to stock. Anyways, my USB no longer works on my computer. Whenever I plug it in, I receive a message saying "USB device no recognized". I check my device manager and under "Other devices" there is a new entry titled "Unknown Device" I know this is the phone because whenever I unplug the phone or plug it back in, that same entry appears. Is there anyway I can update my phone to JB without USB?

EDIT: Also unable to receive OTA for some strange reason.

Hopefully I'm in the right section.

Hello, I am currently in need of some help. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2: Model #: SGH-i757m. I had previously been rooted but returned to stock. Anyways, my USB no longer works on my computer. Whenever I plug it in, I receive a message saying "USB device no recognized". I check my device manager and under "Other devices" there is a new entry titled "Unknown Device" I know this is the phone because whenever I unplug the phone or plug it back in, that same entry appears. Is there anyway I can update my phone to JB without USB?

EDIT: Also unable to receive OTA for some strange reason.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Noxush! :)

There are a number of reasons why you may not be able to update via Kies or OTA, as described in #1.5 and #1.6 of the Jelly Bean update - Dummies Guide.

However, this is the Samsung Galaxy S2, (International), GT-i9100 section of the forum and I have asked one of our friendly Mods to move you to the correct forum where you may receive more help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones