1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support USB on the Iconia

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mark0hal, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Mark0hal

Mark0hal Lurker
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    I have read a lot of posts with diffrerent things to do to get USB storage working right, but for the life of me I cant get this thing to have a constant.
    I load moboplayer, it picks up my 2gb flash drive plays the movie, I unplug flash drive and put back in, it wont detect it, I had the same with Filemanager HD it picked it up first time then never again, I can reboot the A500, shutdown the apps, it wont pick up the flashdrive.

whats the way this should work ? even when moboplayer played a movie on the flashdrive, i go to the storage section in the A500 settings and it says USB unavailible.

Driving me up the wall here.

It will not pick up my external 1tb powerd hdd, but I am guessing thats cause it is NTFS and this device needs rooting before it will work (which I am not keen on doing)

Advertisement

2. Mark0hal

Mark0hal Lurker
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    Small update on this, the 2gb FAT flashdrive, seems to take 2-5 mins to pick up, I find when i leave it plugged in it does show up again but not for quiet a few minutes.

3. msitech

msitech Lurker
    None

Dec 18, 2010
    try using file expert from the market, 8s free..

4. copotay

copotay Lurker
    None

Jul 18, 2011
    Hello everyone new to the forum and Androi, just bought the aconia still 3.01 has not let me update to 3.1. But I have the same problem, I plugged in my sandisk 8g flash drive and it worked great copied 300 pictures. Unplugged itfor a few minutes then put it right back in and now none of the file managers read it and none of the photo or music players recognize anything on it. It has now been sitting in the port for 30 min. I cold booted,unplugged, replugged, and nothing. I thought all my files were gone on the sandisk but they are all there after checking on the computer.

5. copotay

copotay Lurker
    None

Jul 18, 2011
    FYI for everyone, google searching and found an answer from another forum, put the tab completely to bed, "turn it off", then boot it up with the USB drive plugged into it. As it booted the Sandisk immediately started flashing and it recognized the drive giving me access to all of my files. The poster could not advise why it did this or why it worked, but it looks like the tab got confused. Anyway this worked, for now, hopefully it will not do it again, kinda pain to have to remember to plug in your flash drive and reboot to use it. If you remove it while its awake or in sleep mode it will not recongnize the drive.

6. splatoid

splatoid Android Enthusiast
    None

May 12, 2011
    Repair Technician for Grocery stores Auto meat wra
    Washington State
    Or you could get the NTFS mount program from the market.Its free and it helps to connect to usb.
    One little thing I find with this program through is after you plug in the drive you have to turn your tablet to change the screen orientation then it will pick the drive or usb stick up.

7. kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 6, 2011
    Is this without rooting the tab?

8. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX

No, to use the ntfs program you would have to root it.

9. kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 6, 2011
    Yup...that's what I remember having read somewhere on these forums. Thanks for clarifying.