1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

USB OTG Cable from ebay - It Works Perfectly

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wallace3d, May 19, 2011.

1. wallace3d

wallace3d Newbie

I know there have been previous threads on this already so apologies for starting another but I just wanted to post a link to a USB OTG cable I just received that works with Galaxy S2 and it's only

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. stub74

stub74 Lurker

I got this one after using a friends at work to make sure it worked..

MICRO USB DATA CABLE LEAD FOR HTC HD MINI & HTC DESIRE
    Item number - 170640011667

Took around three days from purchase.

3. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert

Annoyingly I bought a Nokia USB OTG cable on eBay only to realise 10 minutes later that it had a micro-a plug rather than a micro-b plug like the SGS2 uses.

I am now waiting for my correct cable to arrive from China :-(.

The only device that I know works is a flash drive/externally powered USB hard drive. Is it possible to connect anything else to the SGS2 using an OTG cable?

4. iynCognito

iynCognito Well-Known Member

That is a different cable! :p The one you have linked to is a standard micro usb male to usb male cable, which is what your phone comes with.

The one mentioned by the OP is a micro USB OTG cable, which is a micro usb male b to usb female cable, and allows you to plug in a usb pen drive to your phone.

Out of interest, I believe you should be able to just use a usb female to usb female adaptor (should cost

5. wallace3d

wallace3d Newbie

I didn't even consider the 'usb female to usb female adaptor' option, it will be interesting to see if this works.

6. Gearu

Gearu Android Expert

It's wierd cause the N8 comes with the same bevelled port the SGII has, yet the N8 OTG cable is a box end but doesn't work for us, guess it's all in the tech.

7. stub74

stub74 Lurker

8. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert

I understand that this was a deliberate design decision. The micro-b plug fits into a micro-a socket but not the other way round so the N8 can take either. Apparently, Nokia didn't want people to use this with other phones in case it didn't work and they blamed Nokia.

At least, that's what I read on the net so it must be true :D.

9. ckdp

ckdp Lurker

I have a HTC Desire HD and tried using a female to female and it didn't work. reading further about the config, there is a pin inside the mini usb side that is unused in the standard usb cable. this pin needs to be connected to ground to make the phone use the usb as a host instead of a slave.
    mm.. old post. never mind

10. Peninsula

Peninsula Newbie

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews