1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

USB OTG help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Stesmall, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Stesmall

Stesmall Lurker

Hi all, I'm new to this forum, couldn't see a preexisting thread so hopefully I'm not repeating someone else's post.

I've just upgraded from the S3 to the note 4.
    The moment of excitement that comes with unpacking and switching it on for the first time is quickly forgotten as we begin the task of setting our new toy up to our liking. Fiddling with home screens, Widgets, launchers, backgrounds and the like is all fun but copying contacts, moving files etc is a chore that is usually taken care of by back up apps and external storage, when this doesn't work properly it's a pain.
    My S3 memory was full to bursting point as was my 16gb SD card. Easy fix, plug in the OTG cable and a flash drive, move the data, insert new larger sd card into replacement device, plug in cable and move it all across simples.
    Except the note 4 doesn't allow you to use an OTG.
    Yes, fair enough I can do this via PC so it's not the end of the world but I frequently move files back and forth onto flash drives from my phone, why has Samsung decided I can't do this anymore. What's the point of a superphone if I need to carry a laptop aswel.

Does anyone know of a fix for this, the phone is only a few days old so don't fancy looking into rooting and risking the warranty. Any usable apps or shortcuts?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. question729

question729 Android Enthusiast

Seriously? No OTG? That could be a deal breaker...

3. drum747

drum747 Lurker

OK this wouldn't make sense to me that they would remove OTG. Can you please download this app and double check? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app.usbotgchecker&hl=en

As an audio guy with a Leckerton amp/DAC USB OTG is critical and I have a N4 on its way. Of course with root there are other options to enable OTG: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WFyjtq4VxsE

EDIT: OTG is confirmed to work over at XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4-att/help/note-4-otg-cable-capabilities-t2911359

KOLIO and question729 like this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews