• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB OTG host mode

Are you using a custom ROM? Many of them don't have OTG support.

Also try plugging your USB stick into the OTG adapter first, then plug the OTG adapter into the i9100. In my experience, that gets better results than the sequence you described.

No, the stock ROM, v2.3.4.

Tried the order you suggested but still nothing. Shouldn't I see some activity in the notification bar just plugging in the adapter?

Upvote 0
Are you accessing the USB thumb drive with a file manager? MyFiles or a downloaded app like ES File Explorer. Once you are in the /sdcard/ folders, go to the folder usbStorage and under there as usbdriveA, B, etc. up to D four devices. Usually under usbdriveA you will find all your files in the root folder of the thumb drive.

To plug in a Hard drive, the phone does not have enough power to run it. OTG plugged in to a hard drive should work if the external drive is external powered from someother supply and not drawing power from the phone?

Reactions: wrench
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones