• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB OTG mounts microSD via USB adapter?

JimmyTheSaint

Jun 5, 2010
台北
I use the USB OTG cable to mount USB flash drives on the Galaxy S II, no problem. I tried putting a micro-SD card in a USB adapter and mounting that via OTG, but the micro-SD card is never recognized. I get no notice of media scanner running, etc. Yet, this same USB/micro-SD combo works fine in my laptop. Any suggestions how to get it to work with the SGS2?

Good call. I tried another adapter that looks to be of better quality, and it worked. It took about 1 minute for media scanning to begin, then another 2 minutes or more to complete the scan--that kind of slowness really cuts down on the utility. The other crap adapter works fine on my laptop, but the phone simply never recognizes it.

Mounting a USB thumb drive is recognized immediately, then the scan completes in 1 minute.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones