1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Usb OTG plus Charging?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jj77669, Mar 25, 2013.

1. jj77669

jj77669 New Member

Mar 25, 2013
    I (like most One X owners) got extremely upset at the delayed launch of 4.1.1 for our devices. I don't know exactly who to blame for that one. That however is not my reason for this topic. After I bought my One X, I looked into all the wonderful things it could do, comparing it to other phones and just being plain happy with my purchase. Then I learned about usb OTG, "What?!?! You mean I can use a flash drive for storage?!?!" I was already bummed that I had fixed storage for my One X, but I liked the phone too much for that to stop me from getting it. I went on ebay and bought a 2 dollar usb OTG adapter, waited eagerly for it to come in, and just reveled in the cool stuff I would do with it. It finally showed up, and much to my dismay, IT DID NOT WORK. After some diligent research, I discover that the phone is completely capable of using usb OTG, it was just "turned off" in the phone. I had been foaming at the mouth for this "update" to 4.1.1, it was supposed to fix the issue and all would right with the world. Well we HTC One X owners, At&t specifically, waited for 6 months for an update to be available. I got so tired of waiting, I took action, rooted my phone and put a stock 4.1.1 JB on it, and I'm loving it. And guess what? The usb OTG WORKS!!! Now comes a new challenge. Usb OTG plus charging. I know this is possible, I have read the forums. I know the One X is capable of doing this. I just need to be pointed in the right direction. For the love of Android, please help me!

Advertisement

Tags: